Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the definition of stock suspention??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Stock configuration, leafs/coils/torque arms etc.

Basically what the car came with and bolt on parts only or no ladder bars / 4 links,etc.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So aftermarket bolt on stuff is ok??
Can you move the shock location??
Can you put a coil over on the car??
If you bolt everything into the stock location on the cars body
is it ok??
What if you move the bolt locations on the housing??
To many questions with no answers aren't there??

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Yep. this ranks right up there with how wide are 10.5's? what is a "street car"? & "pump gas motor".

You know what they say about opinions & butt's, everyones got one & the only one that counts is mine.

Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
to answer your questoin, IMO, as long as its bolt on, its good. NO you cant move shock possitions. Sure you can put a coil over shock on the car, as long as its in the same location as the factory put it (I did not say you could not take stuff off of the car).

BTW, 10.5's are 10.5 inches wide, a street car is one thats licensed & insured & you get pump gas @ the pump.

Bob

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock location of the shock, that's where it gets messed up, why, because often the maximum tire width allowed, won't clear a shock in it's stock location. These idiots who make up the rules need to spend a little more time on the rules. If I rule NSCA, I get a weight break for stock suspention, but NMCA I can't because the shocks are moved inboard.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
What is stock suspension? Whatever the rules in that org. say they are.. Some will say a 100% stock car and others will say a NHRA Pro Stock car... :roll: :-D

·
Registered
292 Posts
underdog said:
So aftermarket bolt on stuff is ok??
Can you move the shock location??
Can you put a coil over on the car??
If you bolt everything into the stock location on the cars body
is it ok??
What if you move the bolt locations on the housing??
To many questions with no answers aren't there??
Its all class dependent as to whats allowed or not, most classes will allow you to relocate shocks/springs for tire clearance as long as leaf sprung cars stay leaf sprung and coil sprung cars stay coil sprung. Some classes allow coil overs to replace coils as long as they bolt in the stock location.

Confusing enough? :lol: Its best to figure out where you want to race, the rules for the classes you want to race in and try not to do anything that won't allow you to race that class.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
then you have the wrong car. too bad were not money bags like Monty & race Pro Stock, where anything goes.

Bob

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Bobalos said:
to answer your questoin, IMO, as long as its bolt on, its good. NO you cant move shock possitions. Sure you can put a coil over shock on the car, as long as its in the same location as the factory put it (I did not say you could not take stuff off of the car).

BTW, 10.5's are 10.5 inches wide, a street car is one thats licensed & insured & you get pump gas @ the pump.

Bob
But I can get torco 112 at the pump! And it's licensed/insured! Does that mean I have a street car? lol

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
underdog said:
It meams everthing is in the Factory lacation. But it depends on the rule makers for the class or series you race in. They all have slight variations on how they interpret stock suspension rules.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
LTLHOMER said:
But I can get torco 112 at the pump! And it's licensed/insured! Does that mean I have a street car? lol
Any pump, not just a select few. :wink:

Bob

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Some pumps don't carry anything higher than 87...some nothing but diesel... :lol:

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
:lol: :lol:

My diesel runs 16.5:1 SCR plus 20Lbs :shock: Gotta love Boost!!

Bob

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Is she stock-suspended though? ;)

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Bobalos said:
I guess we have to go back to ........................

underdog said:
Bob
Stock mounting points and can fill up at particular pumps that sell the fuel you are looking to purchase...lol :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts