Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I just want to say that I am an engine builder not a chassis guy so I am looking for input. Saturday I went with a customer to the track to help out with his new superman plate. The car is a stock suspension fox body mustang, 1999 I believe. The car leaves like a brick. It runs [email protected] 1.52 with a 1.4 ish 60’ time. When I was standing in the lanes with him I grabbed the front fender and tried to lift it up. I got somewhere between 1/4” and 1/2” and that was it. I also pushed down and got about the same amount. I was told a long time ago by a very good chassis guy that you should be able to lift the front end 2” or so by hand on a car that works well. That was on a tube chassis car, but I would think the same logic applies to a stock suspension car, maybe even more.

So I am thinking that we need to weight the car on all 4 corners and get a correct spring. I am thinking that the spring rate is way too much for the weight of the car. Another thing the car did was up at the big end, it wonders all over the track (took out the MPH cone on the last pass). I am thinking that the front end needs a race style alignment on it. I guess to low a tire pressure will do that also??? He was running 9PSI in the slicks.

I don’t want the guy spending money on something that isn’t necessary. So I am looking for input. I can get all the details (or maybe he will post them when he see’s this ) about exactly what struts, springs, shocks, etc is on the car.

Thanks ,Guys

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bad, I put it in the right section now....

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts