Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whos the fastest stock sup. mopar mines a duster and does any body have any video.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I believe Sal Patel(sp?) is the quickest with the Viper, then theres a guy with a green Valiant in Fl with a Preditor motor that has run in the high 7's, low 8's..and his he has a buddy with a Dakota that hauls too.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I'll dig the pictures out on Sal's Viper factory IRS.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
just aint too many of these cars out there......seems most Mopar guys are into ??????? you cant say the parts arent out there....Well maybe not as good as the Ford or Gm parts but they are out there, not too many fast ones......

Just a slow ladder bar car, but like i say, the parts are out there to build a seven sec car now a days...SS does make it a little hard with the leafs, got to give them guys a lot of respect

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Adam Sailor......Green Demon been 8.30's at 165 (Indy 440-1 heads )
Andy Mayes......Orange Challenger been 8.20's Not sure if stock sup, may be ladder bars, Both cars were running in X/S at the NMCA race this past weekend

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Whoever builds a radial outlaw Challenger w/ stock IRS..will be the fastest. The guys mentioned above could swap drivetrains into lightweight S/S Challengers..and run with the top dogs IMO

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Whoever builds a radial outlaw Challenger w/ stock IRS..will be the fastest. The guys mentioned above could swap drivetrains into lightweight S/S Challengers..and run with the top dogs IMO
With the option to run a solid axle and leaf springs as stock suspension I don't for see anyone serious about running a Outlaw D/R Challenger running IRS very long.

If Chevy was smart they should make a solid axle run of Camaro's before they get left out of the hottest class in drag racing.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
With the option to run a solid axle and leaf springs as stock suspension I don't for see anyone serious about running a Outlaw D/R Challenger running IRS very long.

If Chevy was smart they should make a solid axle run of Camaro's before they get left out of the hottest class in drag racing.
I think IRS may have an advantage over factory 4-link cars in the long run. The Vipers and Supras have shown that it can work. New Camaro is no exception either..

Outlaw Radial may heat up when these cars become more available..

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I think IRS may have an advantage over factory 4-link cars in the long run. The Vipers and Supras have shown that it can work. New Camaro is no exception either..

Outlaw Radial may heat up when these cars become more available..
Factory IRS cars are more than welcome to come out and play, I'm not sure I agree that they have any advantage in the long run and have to hellaciously expensive to build to take 1500-2000hp . . . .

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Factory IRS cars are more than welcome to come out and play, I'm not sure I agree that they have any advantage in the long run and have to hellaciously expensive to build to take 1500-2000hp . . . .
I'll admit, 2400.00 for axles is a bit excessive..and it'll take an engineer to figure out the geometry..but it'll trickle down in time. Hence my "long run" comment ;)

·
Registered
26,488 Posts
What do you mean by stock suspension??? REAL stock, or stock location bolt in stuff. Big difference.

In the early 90s, I had a street driven, 69 Cuda' that ran 8.87 @ 156, with dead stock rear suspension @ 3280#, on a rent day @ Atco.

It had an inboard kit w/leafs, 12in Stones, no snubber or bars and $20 shocks.

The front was all stock as well. The only part of the floorpan that was touched were the sections cut for the mini-tub to fit the tire.

I'm sure cars must be alot faster now.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Stock Suspension is a very loose term today.......look under any fast drag radial car, they are kidding themselves becuase these cars are very far from stock, They have antiroll bars and link bars that are longer than stock etc, lots of changes to make those cars work like 4 link cars, even better to work with no wheelie bars, Leaf springs , which are stock on Mopars, leafs only give you so much adjustability, and with the short front segment Mopars just want to go up and up in the rear....hard to get them to work well on a 7 sec car, NOW if that new Challenger were a 4 or 3 link car, youd see some nice Drag Radial cars...

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
What do you mean by stock suspension??? REAL stock, or stock location bolt in stuff. Big difference.

In the early 90s, I had a street driven, 69 Cuda' that ran 8.87 @ 156, with dead stock rear suspension @ 3280#, on a rent day @ Atco.

It had an inboard kit w/leafs, 12in Stones, no snubber or bars and $20 shocks.

The front was all stock as well. The only part of the floorpan that was touched were the sections cut for the mini-tub to fit the tire.

I'm sure cars must be alot faster now.
Today someone would add Cal-Tracs, replace the Stones with M/T Drag Radials and maybe some better shocks front and rear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts