Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question my buddy is on a tight buget with his 89 mustang and he put his 275 50 15 drag radials on and removed the quad shocks, and now hes has wheel whop while heatin his tires up, nmra is in 2 weeks and he cant get uper and lower control arms in time, i have heard then u can take the stock control arms and box them in and that wit take care of the wheel hop is this tru...?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have a question my buddy is on a tight buget with his 89 mustang and he put his 275 50 15 drag radials on and removed the quad shocks, and now hes has wheel whop while heatin his tires up, nmra is in 2 weeks and he cant get uper and lower control arms in time, i have heard then u can take the stock control arms and box them in and that wit take care of the wheel hop is this tru...?
buy some good bars upr or team z sell some nice stuff

no it wont help for you still have stock bushing it will just move them around

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Quickest fix right now is put a set of strange 10 way adjustable shocks on the back, and run it.
Then put some new upper/lowers on it, and you will have a decent setup.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Didn't I read this post in another forum?lol Just wanna makes ure I am not going nutso...In anycase, You need an adjustable shock on this as well as you need to adjust instant center. If this car wheel hops during a burnout and the wheels jump in the air when it shifts, it is not putting force down on the rear tires which means its real loose. Set up IC and put a good adjustable shock on it...

·
Registered
527 Posts
SHocks are probly bad..and bushings are probly worn..no real quick fix...try putting on a new set of rear shocks. If that doesn't help you know what you have to do. I've gone 1.45 60' with stock rear shocks and HD controll arms. but on a DOT slick. If you really want it to work the RIGHT way team z uppers and lowers and strange 10 way. Radials can be touchy, but work

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks ill let him know and tell him he better hit the atm machine up, i think he should just let me mini tub his car and use coil overs lol but thats just me

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i think he should just let me mini tub his car and use coil overs lol but thats just me
Now you are getting it...lol. x2. Keep in mind, an adjustable will help so you can stiffen them up but if the IC is way out, the shocks won;t cure the problem when he launches the car. You need actual force pushing down on the tire, which adjusting the IC does.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
He has two choices... either get a set of old school Lakewood slapper bars and set them with some pre-load and that will stop it...

OR

get a set of double adjustable uppers... You could leave the stock lowers in there with a adjustable uppers.

I had it both ways with my car and didn't have wheel hop

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
see if he can trade or borrow a set of et streets just for nmra? I take it he's running true street ? bias ply tires are less likely to wheel hop then a radial on a low hp car even with a beat ass suspension. I've had my share of mustangs that would wheel hop pretty bad on radials but never had issues when I bolted up the et streets.

you can box the stock stuff but with the price of new bushing your better off getting new arms or finding a used set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts