Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Señor Member
31,494 Posts
Still a Fox Body!! Still a better platform than a Camaro/Firebird!!

Like every Furd, the Fox body shines brightest...when touched by the hand of Chevy. ;)

Brad Edwards car just went 3.85 at over 200 mph repeatedly without so much as squeezing a drop of oil on track. So what you say? Ok hold on a second. This means the following things:

1. This is the quickest pass of any stock suspended vehicle in the world.

2. This is the quickest and fastest radial pass of any cast headed big block Chevrolet anywhere. People think I’m joking when I tell them I pulled Brad’s heads out of a dumpster. I’m not. I really did that. I pulled these heads out of a dumpster, made ridiculous repairs, ported them ENTIRELY by hand, and then bolted them on his motor. Fact.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I give credit where its due, if I was to get into that kind of racing , from a $$ stand point the LS is king , from a parts availability the LS is up at the top, if you have to make enough power more then what the LS block will take then after that no matter if its a ford, chevy , based motor its all dam near same $$, I am getting where I don't care if its a dam ford , chevy or a freaking Honda fast is fast and I want to go fast for as little $$ as possible, the key seems to a LS, now I would not do it with a stock bottom end, spend $1200 and get rods and pistons and the LS seems to be good to about 1500hp, more then that then best to step up to a aftermarket block ..so I have heard

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Like every Furd, the Fox body shines brightest...when touched by the hand of Chevy. ;)
Brad has since been 3.60s with the same Dumpster Diver combo! Hahaha ;)

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Another race day ruining glitter bomb oil down machine.Thet should have ls day (oilsorb day) and forbid them to run during an actual race. The last 3 late in the night, close the track because of too much oil to clean up have been, you guessed it, the "stock block, junkyard ls"

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Another race day ruining glitter bomb oil down machine.Thet should have ls day (oilsorb day) and forbid them to run during an actual race. The last 3 late in the night, close the track because of too much oil to clean up have been, you guessed it, the "stock block, junkyard ls"
That's ok, you were already on the trailer, so no big deal! Lol :p

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Still a Fox Body!! Still a better platform than a Camaro/Firebird!!
The big difference between them is the weight. You can easily get a foxbody 400lbs lighter than a Camaro. I have had both and they both WORK.
But, my foxbody with roll up windows, steel floors, strutted hatch, console, carpet etc. was WAY less than my firebird that was full carbon floors etc. Fixed windows, absolutely gutter interior roof etc.

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
I give credit where its due, if I was to get into that kind of racing , from a $$ stand point the LS is king , from a parts availability the LS is up at the top, if you have to make enough power more then what the LS block will take then after that no matter if its a ford, chevy , based motor its all dam near same $$, I am getting where I don't care if its a dam ford , chevy or a freaking Honda fast is fast and I want to go fast for as little $$ as possible, the key seems to a LS, now I would not do it with a stock bottom end, spend $1200 and get rods and pistons and the LS seems to be good to about 1500hp, more then that then best to step up to a aftermarket block ..so I have heard
Nope. The big block would still be king, over the LS. It is somewhat cheaper to build too.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
This right here phucksttick1 is why they DON'T use a 5.3 block in the Supercharged COPO Camaro's and use a LSX block FACT!!:p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts