Long Live The King
100,198 Posts
Nice Grabbing Gears .... ;)

great in car vid.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It 60’s well. My friend has a 408 in a fairmont & 8” converter that doesn’t run that well.
I think there’s a lot more in the 60ft. The 3.40 first and 410s aren’t the best match for this combo, needs taller first gear. I have 3.55s in it now, going to try running it as a 4 Speed this year. I’d like to get the 60ft into the low 1.3 range, but I’ll need some suspension parts.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
I think there’s a lot more in the 60ft. The 3.40 first and 410s aren’t the best match for this combo, needs taller first gear. I have 3.55s in it now, going to try running it as a 4 Speed this year. I’d like to get the 60ft into the low 1.3 range, but I’ll need some suspension parts.

Let us know how it runs with the 3.55 gears and only using 4 gears instead of 5!!:)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks like the engine makes good power. The 60 ft times are way off for your et. Work on that and you will see some real improvement.
You can see in the video that there’s some room for improvement as far as how the car leaves. It has adj uppers with non adj lowers, urethane bushings and 50/50s with Lakewood slapper bars out back, stock springs and 90/10s up front. Stock k member with battery in stock location. This year I’ll be trying strange 10 ways all around as well as an aluminum flywheel, and possibly an anti roll bar to replace the slapper bars.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts