Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just thought I’d share a few videos of my 410w combo.

it’s a d4 block with eagle forged 4.00 crank and h beams, autotec 4.040 pistons.
Jones custom tight lash roller cam
Ported tfs R heads 2.08/1.60
2924 with 900cfm 4150

Nash 5 speed.

went a best of 9.68 at 140 last year at 2950lbs on 91 octane. Hopefully the tracks open soon!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nice job. That an 85? The shifter looks to be in the right place. Ive got an 83 with a cleveland and was using a big block toploader but just ordered a jerico DR4-4 and lad there is modifying the shifter to try to get it to fit the factory hole. Didn't look into the nash. Is it just back and forth, no H pattern

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice job. That an 85? The shifter looks to be in the right place. Ive got an 83 with a cleveland and was using a big block toploader but just ordered a jerico DR4-4 and lad there is modifying the shifter to try to get it to fit the factory hole. Didn't look into the nash. Is it just back and forth, no H pattern
This one is an 86 and uses a long v gate shifter. The shifter is about 4” back from the stock hole and uses a custom aluminum bracket

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are those heads in line? Have you had it on the dyno?
They are based off the twisted wedge design, 15* intake and 17* exhaust, flow 330 at .700 and 250 at .700,

this combo made 570 to the wheels at 6600 with the alternator and belt driven water pump, ran 9.80s at 138 like that.

when it went 9.68 I went with an electric water pump and ditched the alternator, so probably another 10hp or so at the wheels.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You need a 2 step bad and your clutch has too much pressure. I couldn't hear it until I watched the in car video but you are beating the shit out of the tire.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need a 2 step bad and your clutch has too much pressure. I couldn't hear it until I watched the in car video but you are beating the shit out of the tire.
The clutch actually doesn’t hit that hard, the track prep wasn’t the best that day hence the tire spin. It’s a spec stage 1 with organic disc setup for .040 air gap.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How high do you turn it?
What are you running fuel system wise?
7000-7100 is all it’s ever seen. I usually set the shift light for 6800 or so, setting it at 6900 or 7k doesn’t make any difference as far as ET or mph.

fuel system is a holley HP125 billet pump internally regulated to 6.5 psi, had a 900cfm holley but trying a 1050 annular quick fuel this year, runs well thus far.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts