Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW BIG CAN YOU PORT STOCK HEADS IM GETTIN A SET OF FREE ONES AND JUST WONDERING WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILTIES OF FLOW NUMBERS AND HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER CAN THESE HEADS PUSH OUT IF YOU CAN POST YOUR NUMBERS AND HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE HAD
AND IF IT HELPS MY MOTOR IS 30 OVER 10:5:1 COMPRESSION AND UNDECIDED ON CAM SIZE CHOICE THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
HOW BIG CAN YOU PORT STOCK HEADS IM GETTIN A SET OF FREE ONES AND JUST WONDERING WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILTIES OF FLOW NUMBERS AND HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER CAN THESE HEADS PUSH OUT IF YOU CAN POST YOUR NUMBERS AND HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE HAD
AND IF IT HELPS MY MOTOR IS 30 OVER 10:5:1 COMPRESSION AND UNDECIDED ON CAM SIZE CHOICE THANK YOU

It all depends on what your heads you chose! I had a .030 over cast trw 10.5:1 comp, lemans rods and crank, ported and polished 1968 302 heads that was D ported, and a victor jr intake and .598 to .615 solid lift cam made 545 hp, the heads had 1.94 in. 1.60 ex. Ran like a scaled ape.....I had John Lingenfelters nephew do my heads though... It all depends on what you get and what is done to them and cam and intake combo too.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It all depends on what your heads you chose! I had a .030 over cast trw 10.5:1 comp, lemans rods and crank, ported and polished 1968 302 heads that was D ported, and a victor jr intake and .598 to .615 solid lift cam made 545 hp, the heads had 1.94 in. 1.60 ex. Ran like a scaled ape.....I had John Lingenfelters nephew do my heads though... It all depends on what you get and what is done to them and cam and intake combo too.

thanks

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,959 Posts
If they're E7's, you'd be better off getting some GT40 irons. You can pick up a set for $300 or less, and they'll still be better than ported E7's.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Just get a set of GT-40/GT-40P heads, its not worth it. I have ported many sets of stock 302 heads, its not worth your time. The early 351W heads are the best, but still not worth the money. Unless you really know where to remove metal, you will make them worse than if you did not touch them.

You are in Michigan correct?. Should be easy to get GT-40 heads.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The GT 40 heads do some bad ass flowin if done rt, Look in your local scrap or junkyard, they came on the 90's bronco's and some other vehicles, easily spoted, Look on the side of the heads towards the back rt by the spark plug, they should be itched or casted, they did both designs. But that is the best stock head.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just get a set of GT-40/GT-40P heads, its not worth it. I have ported many sets of stock 302 heads, its not worth your time. The early 351W heads are the best, but still not worth the money. Unless you really know where to remove metal, you will make them worse than if you did not touch them.

You are in Michigan correct?. Should be easy to get GT-40 heads.
yea i live like 20 mins from canton and 15mins from milan but i just cant afford them btu they are free so im not mad

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
What are the casting numbers on them, underneth the push rod hole area is the casting #'s I need!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Well used 302 heads will need a valve job, valves cut, and deck surface cut, that is $200-$300.00 right there. Save your money and get some better heads.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
REALLY???? My fuckin' dyno must be broken then!!! :smt081 Factory old cast iron POS heads, and it made 540HP??

Do the math, that is 1.78HP per cubic inch! :rolleyes: So that is like a 540 chevy making 961HP with a set of oval port cast iron heads..

I guess since John Lingenfelter's nephew did the heads, there is the answer.. :rolleyes: Now in reality, I guess that might be possible with a REAL generous dyno, but not too likely, it would have to be a very serious effort with everything just right..

What kinda times did this combo run, and in what?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Burton,Mi. John Lingenfelter's nephew did my heads D ported the exhaust and ported the intake side to and reground the seats for $265.00 ,1968 heads

1 - 20 of 244 Posts