Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you for the replies. I do use a Go Pro to log my AFR. Next time out I will record the tack.
I have double adjustable shocks front and back with new springs. Chevelle Mike said on launch I was getting on top of my rear tires. Don’t know what was meant by that or how to correct it. No engine dyno was done. Mistake on my part. I have video of my 5.62 at 123 mph, but the 330 was only 3.63 and I know it has t o be a lot closer to 3.50 at the 330.
I'm going to be blunt, post up the darn video! We don't care what you think your 330' should have been. I'm not an expert at suspension tuning, but I know if I want to improve the 60'. That's where I would start when the rest of the combo is in the ball park. If the video is taken at the right angle, it will tell a lot of the story. I'm sure members can help with evaluating your suspension.

There has been a majority of post dealing with your motor, trans/converter, gearing & big tire; only 1 post with 1 like. My posts alone has 3 likes, not saying we are right. Again, that's where you might start! ;)

I wish you the best of luck with your set-up & someone else said it 1st. In order to run a 5.50 Index competitively, you need to be quicker than the index.
T
I'm going to be blunt, post up the darn video! We don't care what you think your 330' should have been. I'm not an expert at suspension tuning, but I know if I want to improve the 60'. That's where I would start when the rest of the combo is in the ball park. If the video is taken at the right angle, it will tell a lot of the story. I'm sure members can help with evaluating your suspension.

There has been a majority of post dealing with your motor, trans/converter, gearing & big tire; only 1 post with 1 like. My posts alone has 3 likes, not saying we are right. Again, that's where you might start! ;)

I wish you the best of luck with your set-up & someone else said it 1st. In order to run a 5.50 Index competitively, you need to be quicker than the index.

Thank you for the reply. The video I have is on my IPhone. Transferred it to my computer but it’s extremely blurry.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Put the t-400 and give it a shot. Guessing is not getting you there. My car was 3200 lbs, dyno hp of 978 and with a t-400 and 4.33 gears I went 1.21 in 60'. My 1/8 mile ET was 5.63. I was even leaving at 4600 of the transbrake.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’d like to thank Outlaw Bill. I was able to send Bill a couple videos of my 5.62 runs. I appreciate the time he spent with me going over what he believed was keeping me from my goal. I wish I could upload the videos and I’ll still try but the videos on my phone don’t download to my computer correctly.

Bracketchev: I’d like to know a little more about how your car is set up. Was that 978 engine or chassis. Small block or big block? Thanks for reply.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Install Youtube on your phone.
Create a Youtube account or if you have Gmail, google already has you on record - use that login.
Upload video from your phone.
Post the link here or anywhere.
Done.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I’d like to thank Outlaw Bill. I was able to send Bill a couple videos of my 5.62 runs. I appreciate the time he spent with me going over what he believed was keeping me from my goal. I wish I could upload the videos and I’ll still try but the videos on my phone don’t download to my computer correctly.

Bracketchev: I’d like to know a little more about how your car is set up. Was that 978 engine or chassis. Small block or big block? Thanks for reply.
Mine was a big block and engine dyno.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts