Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
what tire do you recommend for non prep track in a fox body stock suspension drag car. MT 3055W or MT3055I .car weight is between 2800 to 2900 lb , engine is Sb 406 N/A 700+ hp with a jerico transmision .

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've always been told on a stick shift car you want a stiff sidewall. I bought a pair myself (26" bias ply M/T full slicks) but haven't mounted or run them yet. I assume you are going to put a tube in them?

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
17,072 Posts
That's a tough question because you are talking about no prep with a stick shift car, if it were me I would get the conventional sidewall tires and if you are having trouble hooking them throw a set of tubes inside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always been told on a stick shift car you want a stiff sidewall. I bought a pair myself (26" bias ply M/T full slicks) but haven't mounted or run them yet. I assume you are going to put a tube in them?
Yes i always hear that for stick shift car is better stiff wall tire because it hit to hard the tire. but with less traction of the non prep track maybe is easy to hook with normal wall tire o maybe i am wrong.
If i use the stiff wall i thinking to start without tube.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a tough question because you are talking about no prep with a stick shift car, if it were me I would get the conventional sidewall tires and if you are having trouble hooking them throw a set of tubes inside.
You recommend me a normal wall tire for a non prep track, and if i hit the tire to hard put a tube inside . I understanding right ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts