Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
I figured he would retire from the Wings this sucks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Lightning and Stevie, it appears, have been talking for quite some time.

Late...........Mitch

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Yzerman wants to be a GM. IIRC, the Wings recently extended both the GM and Assistant GM's contracts, so they're not going anywhere. Tampa could be a double edged sword ... it's not a hockey hotbed, so if he screws up, no one will notice ... on the other hand, if he screws up, he may never get another chance.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Stevie wants to run a Hockey Team. Ken Holland does not want to become President of the Wings, (Illitch asked him to & he said no) & then there's Jim Nill next in line under Holland. Yzerman has no chance of becoming GM for the Wings in the near future. WIsh the Guy well & let him go where his passions lead him to.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Yzerman wants to be a GM. IIRC, the Wings recently extended both the GM and Assistant GM's contracts, so they're not going anywhere. Tampa could be a double edged sword ... it's not a hockey hotbed, so if he screws up, no one will notice ... on the other hand, if he screws up, he may never get another chance.
Yep yep. Emotions aside, there isn't anyone in the game today that can bump Holland and Nill. Let Tampa pay the $$$$ to let him get his feet wet (and I hear it's the most lucrative executive contract in NHL history).

No guarantees but i'd bet he comes back.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Hate to see it, but good for him. He gets a chance to fulfill his goal. I predict that he will be back with Detroit a few years down the road.:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts