Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve just called me from Huntsville, told me they just set the record with a 4.50 flat. The car went 1.11 60', 2.98 330'.
Awesome job guys!! Way to get-er-done!!

they're suppose to call me later with more details. I'll keep everone posted.
Sparky

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,915 Posts
Re: Steve Petty & Tim Lynch set 1/8 mile record in Hunts

Sparky said:
Steve just called me from Huntsville, told me they just set the record with a 4.50 flat. The car went 1.11 60', 2.98 330'.

Sparky
:shock:

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
They were beaten the next round, ran 1.1060ft, and ran [email protected] Terry Robbins beat them by running a [email protected] When dan millen beat me at milan, he ran 4.689! How quick would these cars be running? BG

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,
I received an E-mail from you (Sept 29).
I talked to Crisafulli's but, they didn't have any event pictures of the car. I only have a couple complete car pics that are on my site. http://www.wiresandpliers.com/cris.html
Once I get something form them I will forward them on to you.
Sparky

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bill Glidden said:
They were beaten the next round, ran 1.1060ft, and ran [email protected] Terry Robbins beat them by running a [email protected] When dan millen beat me at milan, he ran 4.689! How quick would these cars be running? BG
well as you kno most of those turbo cars are slower in the first half of the track than many nos cars then in the 1/4 hes gotta be runnin close if not in the sixes. but still robbins' also must be running mid to low 90s in the sixes :smt119

I still cant wait to see a nos smallblock car go in the sixes.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Re: Steve Petty & Tim Lynch set 1/8 mile record in Hunts

Sparky said:

Sparky
I was checking out outlawracing.com and it looks like Terry Robbins lowered it to a 4.49 which is crazy for any car to run on a 10.5W tire. They said Robbins ran between a 4.49 and a 4.52 every round.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We had a local boy from Austin, Tx. make a good showing at the race too. Billy Stocklin and his '70 Camaro qualified #9 in the field and lost to Robbins in the 3rd round. Not bad for the 3rd time out with a new motor/combo. Hopefully, he can make it a bit further next year.

That 4.49 is simply amazing!!!

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
The_Prosecutor said:
Bill Glidden said:
well as you kno most of those turbo cars are slower in the first half of the track than many nos cars then in the 1/4 hes gotta be runnin close if not in the sixes. but still robbins' also must be running mid to low 90s in the sixes :smt119

Lynch has ran in the 6s already, with a slower 1/8th mile time then his 4.50.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Jg said:
The_Prosecutor said:
Bill Glidden said:

Lynch has ran in the 6s already, with a slower 1/8th mile time then his 4.50.
Yea I saw the vid from his test session

·
Registered
805 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Chuck L. said:
Prosecutor how fast is that car?
Faster than any Ford you own... :-D
lol no comment <<<dont want no trouble :-D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts