Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to back off valve train abuse on my Solid roller-shaft rocker setup. Its a 3500lb 434 SBF 4 speed 4.33 gears AND 7721 heads (2.150/1.65 valves.) Note that the 7721's requires offset lifters and offset rockers to function properly so I'm kind of stuck with what I have. I no longer yearn to wind it out to 8K for the best runs possible drag runs (thinking of 7K) and am looking for something that is more durable on the street-general drive-abilty hasn't been important with the 4 speed but eventually I want to go with a 3.70 gear when I retire the car. Shaft rockers are 1.75 ratio aluminum T&D's that have recently been rebuilt.

My research shows that it is possible to use solid rollers on a hydraulic cam that is designed for softer ramps and a low valve lash (tight lash.) I would like to find a cam that I can ring out to 7K weekly at the track and yet not fear driving it on the street a couple of thousand miles a year. Is this possible and who have you sucessfully used to design such a cam/lifter package?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I ran 7200 on street and track hyd roller nothing crazy . just valve spring pressure needs to be in check . but there is not ' hard rule " its about your complete set up have seen 8 g with hyd roller how long will it last that I cannot tell you .

Give Straub a call he helped me out set up lived for over 20,000 miles trouble free no issues .

here is an older post from here as well , might be of some help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts