Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SALEM — The Steel Valley Super Nationals will be back again this year.

Corey Ward, the chief executive officer and owner of the Steel Valley Super Nationals, announced today that he and the newly renamed Quaker City Motorsports Park, formerly called the Quaker City Drags, have renewed an agreement to produce the Steel Valley Super Nationals event at Quaker City Motorsports Park June 24-26.

In a statement, Ward said his event, “Is one of the most popular and successful performance automotive events in the region.” He said it brings in 25,000 people to the drag strip.

I also received a reply from the Salem News that he city of Salem, Ohio will once again host the evening festivities. Good small town enjoyment.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like the new track owner, Norm Fox and his family are working hard to bring that track back to where it was years ago. The track was allowed to go down hill under the last owner so it is good to see a owner that is working hard to resurrect it.

Log onto the site below to get updates.

http://www.quakercitymotorsportspark.com/index.php

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I plan on racing that track a few times this year...I have only been there once for the Bracket Finals in 06'. Sounds like they are heading in the right direction...;)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I will be there with both cars. Always a good time!

·
Flat Earther
3,964 Posts
It sounds like the new track owner, Norm Fox and his family are working hard to bring that track back to where it was years ago. The track was allowed to go down hill under the last owner so it is good to see a owner that is working hard to resurrect it.

Log onto the site below to get updates.

http://www.quakercitymotorsportspark.com/index.php
Wow, I've been asleep. I haven't checked the website in months. Very nice setup. Hopefully a good sign of how the track is going to be run.

Now if they get a cheap spectator night, that would be really cool. I can't tell you how many people say, "I would love to go up and watch, but I'm not paying $10." I've been saying this for years, and it's fallen on deaf ears, or I get arguements from guys that have 10s of 1000s to dump into their cars and racing why $10 is ok. I dunno, I saw a lot of empty stands for years.

When Dick Mossey had the track, the stands were full on $5 TNT nights. Not to mention staging wasn't big enough to handle all the cars.

Now this is back in the day of the Old Tower and steel guard rails.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts