Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My th400 aluminum direct drum has some wear from one of the sealing rings , can it be bushed with a steel sleeve ? If so who has the sleeves ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is it a aluminum drum and do you know who manufactured it?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is aluminum. Trying to find out now who made the drum. Is the hardened drum or sleeved drum the better?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
A sleeve will always be better than hardcoat as long as its steel and is installed correctly. Hardcoat tends to wear down in the presence of steel or teflon material rubbing against it.

·
Super Moderator
19,579 Posts
There is an aftermarket sleeve available but it is to repair the stock drums so the hole orientation will likely be wrong. If you want to repair the drum you will have to make a sleeve then bore it in place after installation.
If that is not cost effective , there are drums with steel liners already in them.

Hutch

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
The rings that seem to do the least damage to the aluminum bore,coated or uncoated are the late 4L80E gapless type.The rings are made of some type of plastic material,I call them graphite but havent figured out what they are yet.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The rings that seem to do the least damage to the aluminum bore,coated or uncoated are the late 4L80E gapless type.The rings are made of some type of plastic material,I call them graphite but havent figured out what they are yet.
I think they are called vespel sealing rings.not sure if that is the type of material.

·
Registered
89 Posts

The late factory rings are made of torlon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts