Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Why is in the hole better than zero deck? N/A, Boosted?

My shop guy never wanted to do zero deck anything. .005"-.008" below deck is what he liked. He never volunteered the reason.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
from an engineering stand point only, what makes you say this,,,/? I see no difference...but of course am willing to learn

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
This post directed to sscamaro2485 sorry it wasn't included previously, and FIIK how to edit here now with this new and "improved'' site

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
of course, nothing I can see, the old site was fine the only plus I see with this ''new'' site is the like button,,, other than that,,zip, really

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Why is in the hole better than zero deck? N/A, Boosted?

My shop guy never wanted to do zero deck anything. .005"-.008" below deck is what he liked. He never volunteered the reason.
Less dead space between the head and the block around the edge of the gasket. Just wasted CC’s. The head gasket bore is always bigger than the cylinder bore size

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reminder that rod stretch occurs due to forces that are exponential- I think just a square? If so, then ... 61% greater at 7K than at OEM 5500rpm, for example. And double at 7800rpm compared to 5500 rpm.
I'm not a materials engineer, but I think the stretch actually falls somewhere between linear and exponential because of materials properties.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts