Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Elite Member
14,636 Posts
coil is pricey, i buy alot of flat sheets of galvanized and its basically double in cost...... the ribbed panel the pole barn guys use was around 1.80ft few weeks ago it was 2.90ft
What was it prior to the wu flu ?

Are you saying it was $2.90 and is now $1.80 ?

·
time to go racing yet ?
36,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
What was it prior to the wu flu ?

Are you saying it was $2.90 and is now $1.80 ?
i think before the flu it was around 1.35-1.50 a running foot.... its now 2.90 and this is through AB martin, one of the suppliers of metal siding in the central pa area that deals with alot of the pole barn companys..... im sure contractors get better rates but i dont think its much better

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
If it's like around here they won't take that firewall without a title. Around here you can cut up all of it and scrap it in pieces except the firewall, where the VIN goes. They won't take it unless you sign a form and don't get paid for it.
A company I use states that if the pile looks like a complete car, other restrictions apply. If it is cut into small pieces, they consider it scrap steel and treat it as such.

·
Elite Member
14,636 Posts
i think before the flu it was around 1.35-1.50 a running foot.... its now 2.90 and this is through AB martin, one of the suppliers of metal siding in the central pa area that deals with alot of the pole barn companys..... im sure contractors get better rates but i dont think its much better
Ugh... that fucking sux.. :D

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
A company I use states that if the pile looks like a complete car, other restrictions apply. If it is cut into small pieces, they consider it scrap steel and treat it as such.
Man I wish they would do that here. I keep a large section of firewall then make a trip with a fee of them and drop them off for free.

·
time to go racing yet ?
36,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just pulled some numbers on 304 stainless, ornamental not cert imported stuff, was around 4.00ft a year ago, now 9-10ft

·
Registered
164 Posts
Received 2 sheets of 3/8x4x8 today, went up 10.00 a sheet in a week.

The stuff that is stupid high is sheets and tubing, 1x2x14g was $30ish in October and now it’s 60ish, 18g sheet was 40ish and now mid 80s, 3/16x4x8 was 150-170 and now 320.

my cost per unit we manufacture and sale is crazy. One piece alone went from 25.00 a unit to 67.00.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts