Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
36,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have read a few things where it might not top out till fall, and then they are saying it will not drop as fast as it went up.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I got a quote on some grating a couple weeks ago. The customer decided yesterday to have me order it. The 4K quote was up 800 bucks from two weeks ago. Unbelievable

·
time to go racing yet ?
36,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
couple yrs ago when the tarriffs where put in qoutes where only good for 24hrs, it flattened out and stabilized.

i hate it as much as everyone else, but i think those tariffs and the lack of imported stuff is really hurting alot of stuff right now. im surprised they did not remove those tariffs, but i guess they know it hurts the economy more than help it so why remove them

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I manage a small metal stamping operation. We buy apx 20,000-30,000#s of coiled steel a month along w/ many other materials. All our suppliers are telling us prices will continue to climb higher & never drop back to what it was in 2019.
The availability of raw materials is also a huge problem right now. Low carbon steel 1008-1010 is the hardest to get & most steel stampings are made w/ LCS.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,711 Posts
We was told to order Stainless and Inconel for there was going to be a shortage.

Shannon

·
time to go racing yet ?
36,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont recall the exact number, but took in 4500ish and got 475 back

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,199 Posts
Farther down on that link it says that gm is expecting chip shortage into fall
Right now one of the gm plants is Michigan is down this week and next for sure due to chip issues. Also the Ford plant that makes the transit vans is down this week. Those two plants are my employers biggest customers. Really sucks. We were told to expect random lay offs for the better part of the year

1 - 20 of 48 Posts