Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
My vote is for the trutrac unit.Got a 9" under my 87 monte SS, holdin all the power of the 548" motor in it with a 4L80E trans.Smooth on the street and hooks posi at the strip.Pro-street car running M/T tires about 14" wide and 32" tall and the trutrac always sends power to both tires. thanks, Tom.. P.S. I started with a detroit locker and it h.unted terrible,all over the road,white knuckles all the time.None with trutrac.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My vote is for the trutrac unit.Got a 9" under my 87 monte SS, holdin all the power of the 548" motor in it with a 4L80E trans.Smooth on the street and hooks posi at the strip.Pro-street car running M/T tires about 14" wide and 32" tall and the trutrac always sends power to both tires. thanks, Tom.. P.S. I started with a detroit locker and it h.unted terrible,all over the road,white knuckles all the time.None with trutrac.
How fast have you been with the trutrac? I have an Strac in my 82 Monte and I love the way it drives on the street.

·
Mike
7,100 Posts
If things have not changed the Trutrac is not rebuildable. The 31 spline unit that I had from Moser ate the splines, and I had to buy a new unit. I went with a Yukon extreme clutch posi at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts