Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
We use the solenoid on all of them, this one is no different. The engine spins and fires, I just think it's still a bit noisy. I always use a #10 wire for the jumper on the starter solenoid - never had a power issue. Also this car has two starter buttons, one next to the ignition toggle and another on the firewall. Either one spinning the starter makes the same noise. I might have some time to look at it again tomorrow and I'll see if .035 is the trick or not.
Either the vertical clearance or the horizontal engagement depth aren't optimal or there is some other mechanical or electrical issue going on here.

Discussion starter · #43 ·

Aren't all teeth standard, so if the end gap is right, the side gap will always be the same??

Been really busy so haven't had a chance to check the .035 deal yet. But to answer you question I do know that there are a couple of different pinion gears both of them with the same tooth count so I couldn't really say that .035 at one point would be equal to .035 at the other. I will check that of course.

I had a new sfi flexplate and mini starter, once started it made a hell of a racket, turns out the ***** who made it did not have the ring gear in the right spot when it was welded, it was always slightly engaged, took out and returned, we checked against a know good one and laying flat you could see the disparagement between the too, the bad one was offset wrong.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.