Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Digital 7 7530T ignition box. I have had it in my car since March of this year and it has worked great. I have developed a problem in the last couple of weeks that I cannot figure out. I am using the 7530T Box with a HVC coil and a Pro Billet Distributer (advance locked out). The timing is locked out at 37.5 degrees.

Problem: While cranking, it acts like there is too much timing. It kicks back on starter really bad. The start retard was set at 10 degrees and I changed it to 20 with no change. Is there a way to verify that the start retard function is working properly? I have inspected the cap, rotor, and distibuter for obvious problems and everything looks OK! I have also pulled additional timing out using the ICM menu and it seems to help a little, but still kicks back. :?

any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
My 7531 was doing the same thing. But it wouldn't do it all the time. I never had a problem starting mine with the key switch until about a month after installing the digital 7. I ended up taking the ing. hot lead off of the key switch and putting it on its on switch. I don't have a problem starting it any more. I hope this helps. Tom

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have a switch panel with separate ignition and starter switches. The only way I can get it to fire is by getting the engine cranking before I turn on the ignition. Even then it still really kicks on the starter. I have already put 2 starters in because of this and it's only been a couple of weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts