Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok car is in sig. Looking to make around 900rwhp on low boost 10-12lbs. Since it's my first build I don't want to spend tons of money so I don't blow up too much money. I was lookin on TTF and they have had great result with "eBay" GT45s. T4 turbo with 70mm inducer 1.05 A/R. I'll be getting two of them from vsracing to avoid the whole eBay turbo scenario of not knowing exactly what your getting.

I'm also planning on a 60mm JGS wastegate. Maybe a second so it's there when I upgrade. A JGS bov as well. Making my own headers out of MS. Would like to be intercooled because car will be driven on the street to work (I work nights so heat shouldn't be too much of an issue).

Just picked up a Holley 850DP off a member here just waiting for delivery. I would like to self modify to save time/money. Also lookin for a EV hat.

Not too sure on fuel system yet or what converter either. Found a TCI 3600 with antibaloon plates with flexate for 250ish if that will work.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Still collecting parts so progress may not be as fast as most of you guys but I will try to keep this tread as updated as possible.

Motor is a 454 out a motorhome with 68,000 original miles. Gonna keep the stock crank if it's forged and look for some forged Ibeams (or are H's reccommended?) and some flat top pistons to bring compression around 9:1. It's got peanut ports on it but can't decide between 990s or 781s to replace them with, remember it's a budget build. So no big dollar aluminums yet. "PUMP GAS" around here is Sunoco 100 race fuel 15 minutes one away or avgas 10 minutes the other with the usual 93 thrown in there.
Thank

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm going to be building about the same thing. Building the motor the same way with just rods and pistons and looking for 9.4:1 with small port heads. The only real change is I will be using a set of gt42's with a 74mm wheel. I will sure be interested in how well you get the carb to work as I have an 850 and was thinking of modifying it myself too.

Keep us updated on how it goes!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm confused, you want to run a single now and twins later? You should be looking at a T6 turbo for those C.I.s with a single
ill be running twin GT45s cause there cheap. the single to twins would be the wastegates. im not sure if i want to run just one or run two so the second one is there if i ever upgrade turbos.

so twin GT45s. POSSIBLY twin gates

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to be building about the same thing. Building the motor the same way with just rods and pistons and looking for 9.4:1 with small port heads. The only real change is I will be using a set of gt42's with a 74mm wheel. I will sure be interested in how well you get the carb to work as I have an 850 and was thinking of modifying it myself too.

Keep us updated on how it goes!
im gonna see how well the hangar18 mods work. If i dont like it, ill just send it off to have it modded since i should be able to keep it even after i upgrade. what are the GT42s running you? 74mm inducer?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I got the turbo's used and they are off of a detroit series 60 Diesel engine and will need exhaust housings to make work.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. Good luck with your project. Feel free to post up some progress.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a very good question. Lol. I had a 101mm Garret on my other screen on my mind. So ya. Twin gates. Brain fart but that's what the Bullet's for isn't it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts