Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Know what RPM's at Startline and Traps ?

Susuki
Buell
HD

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eddie

If not top Secret. ;)

How far does the Clutch Slip till Lockup ? :cool:

4's- 11,800 ?
2's- 8500 ?

·
1,189 Posts
Everyone runs a clutch way different and it depends on the ratios you run.

I know guys with a v twin that lock them up at 6500 and others that are higher. I like to use a clutch as a clutch and not a coupler. I'm not saying I'm right with these numbers but it is in the range I look at. I believe more in target points for RPM over time..... It will let you know if your off or on with setup and tune up.
2 cyl - 7500 or close to
4 cyl - 10,500 or close to

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eddiie

Was asking after looking at Pro Car Graph and asking , he said they were slipping clutch on every shift ,a Soft hit on the tire ?

11200 shift drop to 8800 and locked at 9200 back in 2009

Dummie Me never knew , lol!

·
1,189 Posts
That would be the correct way in using the clutch. I never like it locked at the bottom of the gear for many reasons. One is how hard it hits the tire, next would be the shock it send through the transmission and third would be how much load it puts on the engine and pulls it down further and ever can make the tune up get into trouble from it. One other important thing is with how the tracks are getting prep done with trying to slow top fuel down you almost have top toe down or we spin. That has become a very big factor.

Many things and theories will be heard but all I can say is what works for one may not work for another.

·
Registered
138 Posts
In your opinion are they really trying to slow down top fuel or are they more worried about the bottom dollar, saving money on vht etc, and trying to profit all that they can

·
1,189 Posts
They believe it will slow down Fuel classes as well as save teams money when in fact it’s costing more. When a fuel car spins the tires and hangs a valve it blows it up and on a FC launches a $40k body into space.
It also saves them money but in the end the fans loose out. Side by side becomes far and few between. We (The Racers) have been working with NHRA to get to a middle point on the prep. Sonoma was good for the bikes but we will see how the trend goes over the next few.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NHRA tring to Save Money$$$ and Time , Prep costs and takes Time!

NHRA wants a EXtreme 3 Hour Package for TV!

NHRA is shooting it's self, Less Prep leads to OIL DOWNS-Explosions-Wrecks -Cleanups take Times, Lots of Down TIME

TV Hates Downtime , 3 Hours and , Cut to Softball, Bowling, Soccer

Baseball is Speeding up, Football is Speeding up, Cutting downtime , TV wants a 3 Hour window

1 - 9 of 9 Posts