Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Mine is 6.66 and it runs like the devil.

·
Platinum Member
5,683 Posts
I never paid any attention to mine, it would peg the gauge reading lean while on the 2-step. A/F ratio down the track was fine.

·
Registered
937 Posts
6.06 on our new setup. Only have 6 or 7 hits on it. It calmed the car down a bunch compared to the 8.06 before. I can leave on twice the power and 60 foots were a tad slower, but we were working more into it before the crank got torn up.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
I was talking to Marty Chance over at NCRC a few years ago about a converter and we talked at length on starting line ratios. He said from his experience 7.50 was as low as he liked to see. Any lower he explained and the car becomes too aggressive and will be inconsistent and very critical of starting line conditions. I'm not saying that it can't be done, there are always exceptions to the rule but in his experience this was the practical limit he had found from god only knows how many converter sales and tech line calls. I think personally a range from 6.00 to 7.50 depending on the application is a good area to work within. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Tire size/traction, power and weight plays a big role on what works for you.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies. especially the one that runs like the devil. have tried 7.0 to 6.0 still seems to violent. Spins or wheelies. going to try something less. may turn into a turd. one thing i have learned is a tight converter may not be the cure all. tried a tight one and bogged the motor but when boost came in it killed the tire. should have feed back in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
thanks for the replies. especially the one that runs like the devil. have tried 7.0 to 6.0 still seems to violent. Spins or wheelies. going to try something less. may turn into a turd. one thing i have learned is a tight converter may not be the cure all. tried a tight one and bogged the motor but when boost came in it killed the tire. should have feed back in a couple weeks.
Did you make any progress with this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts