Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am starting from scratch I want to build a stock suspension radial car for x275/ ODR and grudge. It will be a blower car with a yates headed clevo and a f1R with a gear drive.

Looking for the lightest and most aerodynamic body to put a 25.5 cm cage. I like the 2005 and up mustang, but are there any other platforms That can do it better? Im sure the first response is the fox body mustang but its getting too played out. Any manufacture let me know what would be the best car to start with?

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
dodge daytona??? looks aerodynamic to me

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Really hard to deny the Fox body. I know its been done to death but its light weight with a factory 4-link in it and there is a HUGE after market so you dont need to fabricate everything. Its why I went with a Fox body. If you wanted to be different, you could do something like a Vega. I know the Vega has been done to death too but not in stock suspension form. If I remember they also have an upper/lower rear control arm suspension. You would need to make everything because there is no aftermarket for them but it is light and different in the stock suspension world. You could also go with a Fox body derivative like a T-bird or one of those box cars....cant remember the name. Personally I would avoid anything with leaf springs or anything that is obese like heavy. I know guys make leaf springs work so don't hammer me....personal preference.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
budget?

I like the 05-09 stangs as well, and think one done up like a GT500 would be sweet

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
3rd or 4th gen camaro. Im doing a 4th gen stock suspension big block car

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
No budget, I'd get a brand new Mustang.:cool:

·
SomeWhat Jaded
4,772 Posts
79 or 80 malibu//but yes,i have a weakness for vegas and also fairmonts...like a Z7 Futura..

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you want to be one of many, build a cookie cutter Mustang. They obviously make great race cars. Build what YOU want!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Oh yeah, X2 on the gbody thing. Another great car with great suspension. They are a little portly but you can trim the weight easy enough on them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
How about a c6 vette can you do IRS in x275? It is aerodynamic like you want. 2011 mustang would be bad ass

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
I would be build nothing cause the fucking rules always change , what is not legal today isn't legal tomorrow and vice versa.
Every swinging dick out there has a mustang. FUCK IT ! I'll build a karman ghia or a hudson hornet with a turbine or jet power ! fuck it it'll be different and Ill put a pecker extender just to piss off duck !

1 - 20 of 76 Posts