Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to build an ar, and figured that the basic parts are cheap enough to start 2. Ill build 1 nice one, and 1 budget one. This is all contingent on the background check going smoothly. I should have no hiccups, but nothing is guaranteed. Once I get these parts, Ill start looking at barrels, handguards, and buttstocks.

It looks like there is enough info on the web for me to build them myself, but Im getting the Zombie/Geissele combo built and Ill do the other on mysef.

In transit are 2 Spikes lowers.
Zombie forged

Spider forged.

2 Spike uppers
1 Billet and 1 cnc'd from forged

The zombie is getting a kit the billet upper and a Geissele combat trigger...the spider will sit for a while.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Looks like a good start. Can I ask why you didn't go with a billet receiver for your high dollar build? The lines tend to line up better between the pair of billet pieces versus the forged.

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a good start. Can I ask why you didn't go with a billet receiver for your high dollar build? The lines tend to line up better between the pair of billet pieces versus the forged.
Truth be told...I ordered the 2 uppers at the first place that I saw them available. They were really hard to find.

In about 4 weeks, ill be kicking myself in the ass for it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I can understand that! I bought a Spikes upper for my build because of the 6-8+ week lead time on the Seekins Precision Billet upper I wanted. This was in July, now I'm over 8 weeks into the build and should have just bought the one I wanted.

Here is my build so far:
Seekins Billet Lower
PSA LPK
Ergo Grip
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul B.A.D Lever

Spikes Upper Receiver
Spikes (Seekins) SAR Free Float Rail
Magpul AFG
Gunfighter Charging Handle
YHM 14.5" Diamond Fluted Barrel on order

1 - 5 of 5 Posts