Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RED ROCKET
8,636 Posts
there are several good ones.mazeirre(spl?) and bulitpruf ...i run the bulitpruf...and whichever you do get ,make sure to get the 139tooth flywheel/starter setup..the teeth are so much bigger than standard chevy teeth its unreal but has the same flywheel dimesion as a 168tooth...jw sells the flywheel and bulitpruf starters.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just got my MSD APS starter. Not installed yet but I have good hopes for it, anyone with any experience on those (sorry if i'm hi-jacking)

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Cranking speed is important on these big motors so avoid the low gear reduction super powerful starters which crank slower and create kick back issues. 16 volt batteries are common on big motors for cranking speed too. I had kick back, flex plate failure before going to a CSR 2.8 hp standard reduction starter to replace the new CVR 3.2 hp 143 gear reduction unit which cranked it too slow. JMO, RM

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
there are several good ones.mazeirre(spl?) and bulitpruf ...i run the bulitpruf...and whichever you do get ,make sure to get the 139tooth flywheel/starter setup..the teeth are so much bigger than standard chevy teeth its unreal but has the same flywheel dimesion as a 168tooth...jw sells the flywheel and bulitpruf starters.
X2 Bulitpruf is the best starter out there. Put on on a year ago and it's been flawless. 139 tooth and the nose supports the end of the shaft like a stock starter.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just got my MSD APS starter. Not installed yet but I have good hopes for it, anyone with any experience on those (sorry if i'm hi-jacking)
My MSD APS starter is working awsome on 16 volt. 14 to 1, 615 ci.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I put in my MSD APS today..... a little breath on the starter button was all I needed, workes like magic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.