Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a friend bring a car over wanted me to check out why the time keeps getting off..He said everytime he would set the time' take it down the rd and floor it a few times' come back and it would be running different and have to reset the time...I took a tq wrench and turned the crank and watched the rotor button! Wasn't any more play than normal' have seen alot worse..I undone the start/retard box and just plugged the dist straight to the ign box...Drove it myself and it pulled hard and strong and never missed a lick...Any of you guys seen these retard boxes cause this problem? I fix 6 and 6AL msd's everyday...But havent been able to get any parts for the retard boxes yet....thanks

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I have a retard box with start retard on it,I did have the start retard hooked up thinking I needed it since I have my timing locked out,I unplugged it when I was having battery issues thinking that was the problem,ended up not being but anyways car starts fine without it. Now I just use the 1st stage on my box for my nitrous....Ive heard some bad things about the start retards eating up starters and stuff though,wouldnt surprise me if something went bad in it....come on its a MSD box.....lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts