Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if this could be caussed by the converter? I changed stators and after that this problem started. it is bbf with sheet metal intake and 2-4's. when i stage the car, with transbrake on, i go to put my foot to the floor, it quits. it doesnt reach the two step rpm. it goes to about 1800-2000 rpm and quits. i tried a bunch of different squirters with no change. tried just foot braking and it is hit and miss. works perfect in park, neutral and reverse. Is it possible for this stator to act this way?

·
Super Moderator
19,710 Posts
It sounds like the stator you installed is just too tight and the motor wants no part of it. If you can't remedy the problem with timing and carb adjustments , you may have to loosen it up a little.

Hutch

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like the stator you installed is just too tight and the motor wants no part of it. If you can't remedy the problem with timing and carb adjustments , you may have to loosen it up a little.

Hutch
i have timing set at 32 on motor before the retards kick in for the bottle. maybe 36 would get it past this.....thx i'll try it and let you no

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried 36 degrees and it worked perfect, with no hesitation. i may try intermediate air bleeds with the timing at 32 just to see if that would work, so i can keep my timing down...dont want to get into rotor phase issues. thx hutch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts