Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My little SBC...
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question:

In a Chance bolt together, if I remove a .025" shim from in front of the turbine and move it to between the turbine and the pump, how much difference in stall?

A couple hundred rpm?
More?
Less?
Worth messing with?
Call Chance?

Big block, heavy car, 10" converter.

I have omitted most details because I am not looking for a hard number, just a round-about answer.

If more is needed, I can post details.

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Strange question:

In a Chance bolt together, if I remove a .025" shim from in front of the turbine and move it to between the turbine and the pump, how much difference in stall?

A couple hundred rpm?
More?
Less?
Worth messing with?
Call Chance?

I have omitted most details because I am not looking for a hard number, just a round-about answer.

Thanks, Jim
Hi Jim, Taking .025 from between the stator and turbine and moving it between the stator and pump will lower the stall. Depending on your combo, it should be an approximate 100-300 RPM in decreased stall. Hope this helps you out.

[email protected]

·
My little SBC...
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Lenny.

That's what I needed to know.

I would be moving things farther apart, but I was wondering what the magnitude of change might be.

I guess in my haste, I forgot about the stator being in there!?!?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Strange question:

A couple hundred rpm?
More?
Less?
Worth messing with?
Call Chance?

Thanks, Jim
The shims are different from the turbine to drive cover & the turbine to stator. The turbine to stator shims are bigger in diameter (both outside & inside)

Depending on the pump & stator combo this will detemine the amout of stall change, but you will more than likely only see a flash stall difference with that little of a change

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts