Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it advisable to stage on the T-brake on the rev limiter with a gear driven F-series? or is it easier on parts to let it flash the conveter without the rev limiter?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
You can trans brake it at a low rpm (3000 or so) and then let it flash the converter if your car will hook. Trans braking it to high and the car gets pretty violate and difficult to control tire speed.
Bottom line is, you'll have to test and see what works for your car.

Blessings..........Ron.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I run mine up on the converter-I personally don't feel that it's good for the blower gears to shutter on a 2 step and the car always runs faster e.t. leaving on converter 10 lbs boost @ 5500 versus 6 lbs on the 2 step at 4000.I also am a top bulb racer-release the brake on the top yellow then smack the throttle to the floor and let the reaction timer release the brake in 1.8 seconds.As you can see I'm only at full throttle on the brake for about 1.5 seconds.Another note-I do have 33-16-15 hoosier rear tires so traction is no issue and it's fun driving on the wheelie bars for 50-75 feet

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I run mine up on the converter-I personally don't feel that it's good for the blower gears to shutter on a 2 step and the car always runs faster e.t. leaving on converter 10 lbs boost @ 5500 versus 6 lbs on the 2 step at 4000.I also am a top bulb racer-release the brake on the top yellow then smack the throttle to the floor and let the reaction timer release the brake in 1.8 seconds.As you can see I'm only at full throttle on the brake for about 1.5 seconds.Another note-I do have 33-16-15 hoosier rear tires so traction is no issue and it's fun driving on the wheelie bars for 50-75 feet
You running at 9-10,000 density altitude most of the time?

Blessings........Ron.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I tried to put my car on the brake and decided to get out of the throttle at 6400 RPM... felt like it would have kept going...
You need to have a soft touch rev limiter hold it and not put it against the converter.

Blessings........Ron.

·
Registered
784 Posts
On a PRO Tree I've always just Matted the throttle (With a 2 Step Of course), when all 4 stage lights are lit. On a Standard tree, as soon as the lights begin descending, I mat the throttle. Never had any problems with the Gear Drive. The 2 Step is set @ 3500 to 3800 RPM.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Everyone I know with a gear drive setup stages then just puts it on the two step, seems like all leave at a pretty low rpm compared to their convertor flash stall speed (3,800 or so compared to a 5,000 flash stall). And all 60 in the deep 1.20 or better. All are TT5 cars if that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts