Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Beckman explained, “The NHRA has a stage lock beam more designed for the Super Comp and Super Gas cars with a trans-brake for when they deck the throttle, sometimes those cars will back up a half-inch. It’s designed to keep that from causing a red-light. A red-light happens when the stage beam reestablishes before the green light comes on.”

Discussion starter · #22 ·
The local track manager talked to Pual, formally of TSI. Paul said there is an option for STAGE LOCK with the TS timing systemI, but only 3 tracks in USA have it. Our track does not. He also said while it does help with a car that rocks when applying the brake and coming up on the 2 step, it causes other issues that make it not as desirable as they thought it would be. Also it cost $1200 to add it and the track system has to be sent back to modify it.

At least I know my problem was not anything to do with the track equipment.

Why would switching to the body setting the beams be better than it is now???
My T/S car has a 3" high, 45" nose, my no box car has zero body anywhere near the lights.
Why would it matter at all. All pro cars have the same rules, so there's no advantage or disadvantage.
A dial in class doesn't care about getting a few thou free ET.

Just leave it alone, we leave off the tire, we finish off the body or tire, KISS, why change it??

Reactions: mathews
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.