Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me first say im very new to nitrous. had my first time out on Sunday. i really enjoyed it. everything went really well. i was looking for suggestions on how to keep the bottle pressure from rising in the pits and the lanes. i was using my jacket to keep the sun off of it. should i pull the bottle after every pass and put it in the tailor. also i was noticing about a 100psi difference in readings between the small gauge on the bottle and the 2 inch gauge i have by the driver seat. are those little gauges accurate. 100psi difference seems a little high to me. any suggestions would be great. if it matters its a 434 sbc with an IS Saturday night special plate kit

·
Registered
829 Posts
^^ What he said, also only heat your bottle to 900 #'s in the summer or around 86* with a heat gun and let nature do the rest. It's a learning experience, have fun.

·
Registered
452 Posts
let me first say im very new to nitrous. had my first time out on Sunday. i really enjoyed it. everything went really well. i was looking for suggestions on how to keep the bottle pressure from rising in the pits and the lanes. i was using my jacket to keep the sun off of it. should i pull the bottle after every pass and put it in the tailor. also i was noticing about a 100psi difference in readings between the small gauge on the bottle and the 2 inch gauge i have by the driver seat. are those little gauges accurate. 100psi difference seems a little high to me. any suggestions would be great. if it matters its a 434 sbc with an IS Saturday night special plate kit
www.2quicknovas.com/nitrousaurus-x.html

·
Registered
15,378 Posts
A wet white towel in a car with at least one open door, should keep the bottle from warming rapidly in all but the absolute hottest most humid climates.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just don't let water drip on the track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts