Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, was very disappointed in how low the car counts are in St. Louis. Not even 8 cars in either pro mod class, only a few in outlaw drag radial?? Whats up besides the heat that kept everyone away?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only cars that would be running in Indy would be the legal pro mods. Where are all the outlaw pro mods, outlaw drag radial?

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
NMCA had 16 in radial and 10 in Pro Mod I believe

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
YB next weekend
NMCA this weekend
Big money races in Texas & Oklahoma also.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Ya I didn't watch it very long, I will watch the replay, probably take 3 mins.
Too bad about the turnout, the guy is going to lose a lot of money.

Dave...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm at the race and was completely surprised by the count. But I bet nmca and upcoming races are to blame. I hope this will be on again next year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very unfortunate timing I guess. $10,000 to win and you have 6 cars. I cant see this race coming back next year.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I bet if he could schedule it just a bit later in the year, like late September, the car counts would be higher. I have no inside info on this, but possibly because it was the first year, they may have had to take a back seat, scheduling-wise. I think it will grow next year. Mel is smart enough to know that the first year is an investment in the future and it will take a few years to make it the success that Vegas SCSN is. I would bet money that it comes back again next year, possibly a few weeks later on the schedule.

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
A few reasons we all pretty much know..

Everybody knew it was going to be hot and miserable in stl. When the race was announced.
Mel tried to soften the blow by having it at night.

No draw to driving that far for a race...
Now Vegas well that says it all..

PDRA. Was last weekend.

School is getting ready to start or started this week and next week for most families.

I do know,
watching it on the live feed makes me wish my garbage heap was together so I could be in the mix.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
What about the fans ? Or is it a ghost town ?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm here now. For the number of cars I guess it's a nice fan turnout. Possibly record lows for this type of event. Shit happens I guess, still worth admission to see records shattered

1 - 20 of 30 Posts