Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Stock Suspension Mustang with Competition Engineering Lower Control Arms and CE Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.

I've been running the lower control arms in the lower mounting point (housing side) for a couple years with good results. Normally my car will pull the front tires off the ground 6-8 inches or less and 60' in the 1.34-1.36 range with the help of a 100 shot of nitrous.

However, last weekend I upped the nitrous jet a bit and wound up putting my car on the bumper.

I'm going to stick my lower control arm back in it's original mounting hole on the housing this weekend. But, I know this is going to raise my ride height a bit.

I use a set of stock 4 cyl. rear springs in the car. Do any of you have any experience cutting these for ride height? I'll probably need to drop it a full inch once the control arms are back in their stock position.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
was told to use stock V8 springs in the rear and cut one coil. and was told to use 4 cyl springs in the front for a budget style suspension. maybe go to v8 springs in the back since they are stiffer.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No limiters up front yet. Although I'm thinking about picking up a set.
I've always used the 4 cyl springs because they aren't a progressive rate.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I'll work on it this weekend and let you know how I make out.

Hopefully the rain will hold off next weekend and I'll be able to make some license passes.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link.

Those come out pretty nice and they are a nice straight shot down to the lower control arm.
I may make a set and give them a try.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,709 Posts
no problem..You can use cable style ones also but i was worried about the cable sliding an stufff so i went with the chain style

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well the changes I made seemed to work.

The Competition Engineering Lower Control Arm Brackets had another hole closer
to the Stock LCA location which I used instead of putting the control arm all the way back up into the stock hole. They also have an adjustable spring mount, so I was able to dial in a pretty good ride height.

With that change i was able to get the car to hook and got my best 60' and 1/4 mile pass to date.

1.288 60' 5.91 to the 1/8 and 9.27 @ 145 in the 1/4.

Blue car in the far lane.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/rbmc1968/?action=view&current=927pass.mp4

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ARB should be your next investment..
Yeah, I have a team z I purchased and was going to install.

But my fuel lines are in the way right now.
I'll move them over the winter. I'm sure the ARB will pick it up a bit.
Right now it has a stock rear sway bar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts