Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI has anyone out there tryed squared jetting for zex perimeter plate?
Give u example of 150 hp factory jetting which seems to work well, n/62/f/53 any thoughts on this thanks
victtor

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Give u example of 150 hp factory jetting which seems to work well, n/62/f/53 any thoughts on this thanks
victtor
They have you using 62n and 53f at what fuel pressure?

·
THE BBK
1,215 Posts
victtor

Are you sure you dont have the pill sizes backwards???.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI yes nitrous 62,fuel 53 for a 150 hp setting on 6psi system works fine any thoughts on zexs jetting chart pulled plugs seem to look ok ,i run pump fuel BP ultimate 98 octane

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Thats a bunch leaner than if you square jetted it at 5 psi. If the tuneup is good with that jetting keep it. Not all plates like the same jetting.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mike im not sure why zexs plates have jetting like that but 5 off us guys run these perimeter plates never had a problem we to scared to step out off the factory tune like use guys do ,what the largest shot you run on pump fuel we have 98 pump gas over here if this longer line setup works to soften hit might step up to a 200 shot take 8-9 degress out on 6psi any thoughts
thanks

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Just keep reading the plugs and tune from there. I havent seen too many guys posting on here that are using the perimeter plates. The plugs should give you all of the information that you need to know.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Thanks mike im not sure why zexs plates have jetting like that but 5 off us guys run these perimeter plates never had a problem we to scared to step out off the factory tune like use guys do ,what the largest shot you run on pump fuel we have 98 pump gas over here if this longer line setup works to soften hit might step up to a 200 shot take 8-9 degress out on 6psi any thoughts
thanks
I sprayed a plate on pump gas with a .073 nitrous pill. Nothing huge but big for a stock LT-1.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
150 and 200 shot stock jetting is working good for me. I have been using 6.5PSI and VP NO2 fuel in my nitrous cell. switching to Q16 next time out and I'll also start at 7psi and make short passes. The fuel is the power, right? So squaring it up should make more power..:) IF the plugs don't start to look fat/rich. If they do...maybe go up 50psi on the bottle?

Oh, I also pull 6 on 150 and 8 degrees on 200 shot. Initial timing at 36 degrees on a 23 degree head Small block chevy. Goodluck!

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
150 and 200 shot stock jetting is working good for me. I have been using 6.5PSI and VP NO2 fuel in my nitrous cell. switching to Q16 next time out and I'll also start at 7psi and make short passes. The fuel is the power, right? So squaring it up should make more power..:) IF the plugs don't start to look fat/rich. If they do...maybe go up 50psi on the bottle?

Oh, I also pull 6 on 150 and 8 degrees on 200 shot. Initial timing at 36 degrees on a 23 degree head Small block chevy. Goodluck!
Fuel is power if you have the air to burn it. If you add fuel and no nitrous to a already good tune it will go slower. If you want to see if you are burning all the fuel in your current tune you can add a few thou to the nitrous side and see if it picks up speed. Pull a couple degress also to be safe. You may end up putting the timing back in. End result is you could be faster with more nitrous. See what I'm saying?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts