Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ouy there put springs in their solid mounted wheelie bars and if so did it work??

It was reccommended to me because my car wants to keep picking the wheels up when its on the wheelie bars and accually pick the back tires up.

Any suggestions would be nice, Thanks

·
~ YB Monster crew ~
20,664 Posts
Anyone ouy there put springs in their solid mounted wheelie bars and if so did it work??

It was reccommended to me because my car wants to keep picking the wheels up when its on the wheelie bars and accually pick the back tires up.

Any suggestions would be nice, Thanks
Yes we did on my friends mustang

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Here's my story. I had spring loaded bars on my car with ladder bars and it would run 5.80s and all was fine. I cut the car up and re back halfed it to a 4 link and installed a bigger motor but kept the wheelie bars. The car would not go straight. It launched straight, wheels up but as the car went forward getting higher after about 40 to 50 ft when it reached about 30 inches high it would start driving left. I couldn't do anything to fix it. Mauney, Stroup, Maddox and Etters all told me I would not be able to make the spring loaded bars work with that much car weight and HP but I thought I could. 2.5 months later I replaced the top spring loaded bars with solid bars, set the wheelie bars low so the car couldn't get up very high and it's been running straight as an arrow and working fine. The problem with my car was weight and in pics you can see the right rear tire collapse from the weight and HP after about 50 ft. then it drove left. Stiff sidewall tires may have helped but I didn't try them. I'm not sure of your combo but if the car has enough upward speed to hit the wheelie bars and pull the rear tires and unload them you might try to lower the bars or lenghten them to reduce how high the front gets. Springs work fine with a lower HP or lighter car but don't seem well suited for a heavy big HP car. Look at everyone who is going real fast and see how many run spring loaded bars. There's reasons for that.......LOL. JMO and experiences. RM

Here's a pic from early last year compare it to the avator pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts