Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Gremlin Hunter
5,240 Posts
They are great guns. Its already been proven as a reliable firearm. If it fits you, and you like it, sounds to me like a a no-brainer. Go for it. Besides, can you ever have enough guns?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I carry. Put it in a supertuck and be done with it!
That was going to be my next question about holsters. Is that pretty much what people use? It looks really nice. I am 5'7 170 so I don't have much room to conceal. Basicly wear regular t shirts and sometimes shorts in the summer, does the supertuck seem to make it 100% unoticable?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Love my XD 40 SC, Its been a great reliable piece, no issues yet with 1000 rounds thru it. I use a Crossbreed super tuck, very comfortable to wear all day. Only problem I have is the wife started shooting it lately and she has fallen in love with it. She shoots it very well shooting 3-4 groups with it, and shes new to pistols. Have her working on finger control, and you can tell its working. I might have to look at the XDm 3.8 .40 as a replacement. Although I keep lucking at the HK45c too!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great this is what I wanted to hear! Any particular sights I should get on it when I order? Should be getting it pretty soon. Ill post up some pictures when I get it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just had Trijicon night sights installed on mine. If you can get the factory ones, great. If not there are plenty of places to get them from. I had a trigger job and sights installed by Springer Precision. The trigger job basically takes out a ton of slack and shortens the reset. Now I have a clean crisp reset and no real slack on the takeup. The trigger pull weight is still stock just to avoid any potential/would be issues if I ever really did have to use it. Otherwise it's fantastic. Trijicon just released a new sight for the XD's where the front post has luminescent paint on it backed with tritium. That should make it even brighter to pick up. There are also tritium backed fiber optics which are really bright too, made by TFO. Then there are all the combat cut types like a Wilson Combat rear notch which is a nice piece too, but no tritium in the XD models last I checked.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
That was going to be my next question about holsters. Is that pretty much what people use? It looks really nice. I am 5'7 170 so I don't have much room to conceal. Basicly wear regular t shirts and sometimes shorts in the summer, does the supertuck seem to make it 100% unoticable?
I'm 5'10" and 210. My t-shirts are loose fitting and usually down to my finger tips and usually 99.99% unnoticable.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Great this is what I wanted to hear! Any particular sights I should get on it when I order? Should be getting it pretty soon. Ill post up some pictures when I get it.

i put true glow tritium on mine. if you can get it with them on it do it or pay some one to do it. they are ridiculously tight from the factory.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Great gun! Luv mine

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
My EDC is a 5" XD40 with a powder river precision trigger in it and Trijicon night sites.. I like it better than the other stuff I have. I use a supertuck for a holster.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts