Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When got got one of my xds a while back I noticed some finish issues. Springfield looked at the pics and said to send it in whenever so I was pleased.

The other day I started noticing rust on the slide (stainless). Looked around online and found people have had issues and it is a known issue at springfield at least with the older guns. I called Springfield and they asked no questions and sent me a shipping label for the slide so I sent it in. Said they would repair it free of charge.

Found a vid on YouTube of a guy with and all stainless Springfield 1911 that had rust issues and they shipped him back his gun in a case and with most of the internals replaced and the gun looked brand new.

I'll post back when I get the slide back but so far springfields warrenty is a no questions asked we will take care of it warrenty.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Nice to read about some POSITIVE customer service these days.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Springfield is well known for their positive customer service. Kimber is just the opposite.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
I wonder how I will make out. The gun shoots 3-4 inches to the right. Me facing target. I'm second owner, first owner never shoot it and I only put 15 rounds through it. 3 five round burst. It's an XD sub compact 9mm.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how I will make out. The gun shoots 3-4 inches to the right. Me facing target. I'm second owner, first owner never shoot it and I only put 15 rounds through it. 3 five round burst. It's an XD sub compact 9mm.
Aim 3-4 inches to the left :D

My XD sc 9 is pretty much dead on.

I have found that the cheap ammo is an inch or two off compared to the higher end defense stuff.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Try some dry fire practice getting used to the trigger. They're pretty good out of the box ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
XD subcompact 9mm

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just called them to make sure they got the slide, super friendly and confirmed they have it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have some one else shoot it and see if its still 3-4 right. Might be your moving as you pull the trigger. Are you left handed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts