Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
seen it asked 100 times without ever getting an exact number.

just finished installing speedway sliders on my 96 s10 pickup. rear setup is a 2" drop calvert monoleaf, and 1" of drop blocks. had stock s10 shackles. traction bars were completely slacked.

the measurements before were 15" center of hub to fender lip.
the measurements after were 15" center of hub to fender lip.

as for the pinion angle...you guessed it. no changes.

bummer. I was hoping for the rear end to drop some . take this info for what it's worth. my results on my application. not the results I was expecting after claims from other s10 guys losing 1/2 to 3/4" of ride height (but they never actually measured before and after). just thought id throw this out there for anyone looking into sliders.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
This is how mine are mounted. I can hold the stock shackle up to the new slider setup and there is a 3/4 inch difference.
This picture was taken with the truck on a rack and the susp hanging down.

·
Registered
573 Posts
seen it asked 100 times without ever getting an exact number.

just finished installing speedway sliders on my 96 s10 pickup. rear setup is a 2" drop calvert monoleaf, and 1" of drop blocks. had stock s10 shackles. traction bars were completely slacked.

the measurements before were 15" center of hub to fender lip.
the measurements after were 15" center of hub to fender lip.

as for the pinion angle...you guessed it. no changes.

bummer. I was hoping for the rear end to drop some . take this info for what it's worth. my results on my application. not the results I was expecting after claims from other s10 guys losing 1/2 to 3/4" of ride height (but they never actually measured before and after). just thought id throw this out there for anyone looking into sliders.

If your shackles were laid back against the frame rail you wouldn't see any drop. Typically the shackles will have the rear mount point lower than the sliders end up being, so you can lose height.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts