Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one who out there builds and races the most powerfull std cam height bb chevys how much power are they making without power additives maxeffort combos!

·
Registered
556 Posts
We build our own and other customers 632cid and so far we have made 1350HP in wet sump setup with DART 11* heads. Porting was original DART small port with some modif of our own.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have 2 of our personal engines. Their close in cubic inches. On has 11 degree darts one has 12 degree profilers. Both have the profiler tunnel ram and dry sumps. The both make the same power. I realize some builders have their own cnc programs. The dart makes 5 more horsepower but the profiler was cheaper. Ultimately I think it doesnt matter the brand or the difference of 1 degree. Its who does the porting and valve job

·
Registered
556 Posts
We've made the most power with Dart 11* castings and our cnc program, ..
have a few customers report 1380+ @ 632"

Curtis
I wish I had one of your program in my head right now. Would be shooting for close to 1400 with it!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
these heads can definitely support more cubic inches. The limiting factor is the bore where I think a safe number is 4.630 before you can get into cylinder sealing issue. I know it has been done with bigger bore but you have to pay a lot of attention at the sealing area and all. But you can had more stroke and the heads will support it with the correct port sizing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
there is a local guy who did one,, i tuned up a std dart cnc'd head,, made 1320.... then the guy had another motor built out of state,, it made 1450 they said,, both dry sumps,, car went .04 quicker and about 1-2 mph,,, with 130 more hp

moral of the story,, pick a guy with a good rep to do your heads,, and build the motor and go with it

dynos are all over,, so one guys 1380 could be anothers 1300...

·
Registered
556 Posts
there is a local guy who did one,, i tuned up a std dart cnc'd head,, made 1320.... then the guy had another motor built out of state,, it made 1450 they said,, both dry sumps,, car went .04 quicker and about 1-2 mph,,, with 130 more hp

moral of the story,, pick a guy with a good rep to do your heads,, and build the motor and go with it

Definitely agree but what was the weight of the car with 1450HP? Also the combo might not have been in tune yet. I know with these engine if the converter is wrong you can slow down a bunch!!!

But yes in general one guy dyno might be "happy" versus another.

That is why i like to have my dragster to report ET versus my dyno results. So far best HP has been 1348HP and car has ran a best of 6.657 (on brakes) @ 1840# in 1800' air in Chicago.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Hey Moderncylinder are you located in Clinton township by chance??

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Just a quick one who out there builds and races the most powerfull std cam height bb chevys how much power are they making without power additives maxeffort combos!
Shortly after the darts came out cfe did a set and sheet metal intake ,with dual doms.It a 632 ,dry sump and it did 1460hp .It was put in a 2500lb. corvette and it ran 4.40s with a 3 speed Bruno and converter.

·
Registered
287 Posts
yes im in clinton twp....

im not knocking anyones numbers,, its just we all know dynos can be 100 or more different,, so advertising numbers doesnt mean as much as a cars performance,, but then d.a. comes into play

the guys car was 3200lbs,, i dont know all the ups and downs about it,,, just that it should have been .30 quicker,, and prob 6-8 mph or around there and it wasnt close so it was obvious it wasnt there,,, convertor slippage was comparable,, you know yourself if you put 125-150 more hp in a car,, sometyhing will show up even if the tune up is off

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wow I am almost driving by our place daily to and from work!! I live in New baltimore.

Oh I know you are not knocking numbers and I agree completely that some dyno will show much better HP than what the car can ever do!!! And yes I agree that that much more power should show up somehow on the scoreboard!! And if you know the car well then more reason to believe the dyno was probably very happy!!!!!

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Definitely agree but what was the weight of the car with 1450HP? Also the combo might not have been in tune yet. I know with these engine if the converter is wrong you can slow down a bunch!!!

But yes in general one guy dyno might be "happy" versus another.

That is why i like to have my dragster to report ET versus my dyno results. So far best HP has been 1348HP and car has ran a best of 6.657 (on brakes) @ 1840# in 1800' air in Chicago.
Pascal,
Your Dragster and Shanes run fairly close,, I think
he's been a high 50 at 1875 or so,, @ 1380.

Jeff is right about numbers,,, theres a famous
engine builder who's always 80 hp off on Jenkins
dyno and about 100 off compared to mine.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pascal,
Your Dragster and Shanes run fairly close,, I think
he's been a high 50 at 1875 or so,, @ 1380.

Jeff is right about numbers,,, theres a famous
engine builder who's always 80 hp off on Jenkins
dyno and about 100 off compared to mine.
Yep, met Shane at the DIV3 race in Bowling green last year. Was interesting comparing notes!!

I have not had the chance to compare other engine builders dyno numbers compared to mine yet on our dyno!! But I can see where some are off compare to others. A friend racer was having problem qualifying last year with a 665cid from another builder. Was supposed to make 1460 HP but could never do any better than 6.85 @ close to 2000#. Offered to bring it over but his dad sent the engine back to original builder and came back with nothing wrong with engine but now is "only" making 1360 on their dyno!!!!:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts