Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a buddy that runs a direct port 300 shot on a 555. When he launches he always sprays the nitrous against the t-brake before launching... To me this just doesn't sound safe.. Do any of you do this??? Should you do this??? Thakns...

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I know that HellBent does it & I think that UnderDogg does it as well. It seems both kind of nuts & makes good sense all @ the same time.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Some do it but then again some are nut's to so to answer your question NO you should not do it, it's VERY hard on part's not just convertor and tranny but I have seen where the balancer has accually welded itself to the crank snout, then you buy a new balancer hub and get the snout welded, it helps to have a very tight press on the hub and assemble with anti seize but it will still happen to some degree, there is no need for it it just wrecks part's

·
Registered
92 Posts
We have been spraying against the converter this year and with this info we will stop. We are adding a relay to only allow nos use only when the transbarake is not engaged. Thanks guys.
Mooreboys

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Mooreboys said:
We are adding a relay to only allow nos use only when the transbarake is not engaged. Thanks guys.
Mooreboys
Having a relay setup will save on part big time. may want to take an extra step and add a digiset also while your at it to help control wheel stands or help with traction on bad track days.

·
Administrator
136,624 Posts
Run a two step and control your leave by adjusting the two step RPM. Seeing you were spraying on the convertor ( :smt018 ) traction must not be too big of an issue. But a two step will help control your 60's from track to track..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts