Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
My dad and I are going to try and spray w/ an HVLP gun. We are used to the regular gravity fed guns and I was just wondering what do ya'll spray at? How do you adjust your patterns? Do you screw your fan pattern in all the way then back it out a certain amount of turns? The same question for the fluid knob. I know it is going to vary but was just wondering if there is a general set of adjustments that could get us in the right ballpark. Thanks in advance for all of your help and suggestions.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
hvlp guns vary from manufacturers. air pressure is adjusted at the air cap on the high end sprayguns. my iwata sprays at 8 - 10 psi at the air cap. this can only be set with a special cap with a gauge on it and verry expensive. i have used one before and 8 - 10 ended up being about 20 at the gauge. also you will need a diaphram regulator to get accurate and consistant pressure. a ball type regulator works well but your pressure will vary because of pressure variations from the compressor. also i adjust my spray patern with the air cap turned sideways. put a piece of paper on the wall and spray in one spot for five seconds. make fan adjustments until the paint runs down evenly. hope this helped you guys good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. We are having a few difficulties but will get it figured out. Your suggestions are very much helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts