Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted this in the autobody and paint section but haven't gotten any response yet so if you don't mind I will try it here. Here are my questions, my dad and I are going to try and spray w/ an HVLP gun. We are used to the regular gravity fed guns and I was just wondering what do ya'll spray at? How do you adjust your patterns? Do you screw your fan pattern in all the way then back it out a certain amount of turns? The same question for the fluid knob. I know it is going to vary but was just wondering if there is a general set of adjustments that could get us in the right ballpark. Thanks in advance for all of your help and suggestions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
if you would list what kind of gun you were using someone could prob. give you some more info, but i use SATA guns and the last one i got was the satajet 3000 with a 1.3 tip and out of the box i adjusted the fluid knob by turning it all the way in and backing it out 3 turns. the fan pattern is a matter of preference but mine is all the way open and depending on which paint i am spraying will close it up to a 1/4 turn. the air adjustment on the gun is all the way open... air pressure i set at the regulator on the gun to 29psi which at the outlet regulator says about 60 psi but it depends on the hose length and size, so set it at the regulator on the gun to the manufacturers rec. this should get you in the ballpark and you can tweak it to your liking... hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts