Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
Hey Sportsman,

I saw a post on FB earlier today where someone was asking the same question, with Monty saying there would be sportsman this year at YB.

Hopefully Monty will see the post and answer himself but figured in case he did not I would post and give the tread a bump.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,391 Posts
8.50 is a pro class....not sure how many 8.50 cars will be there, since they got bent last year....then again it is the YBN!!!! they might be there lol
Nobody got bent. I was there running 8.50 index, we got 2 qualifiers. Once again it rained, and a class had to be bumped. A few people were not happy, but the vast majority understood and i'm sure there will be 50+ 8.50 index cars again for YBN 2019.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Nobody got bent. I was there running 8.50 index, we got 2 qualifiers. Once again it rained, and a class had to be bumped. A few people were not happy, but the vast majority understood and i'm sure there will be 50+ 8.50 index cars again for YBN 2019.
Didn't make it last year. What do you mean by "Got bumped"? No 8.50 elims. at all or just had to run on Monday?

Was there year before and Sat rained out. Got Friday Qualify and one Qualifier Sunday follow by 1st 2 rounds of eliminations. Missing one qualifier probably hurt some folks but that's racing with rain.

Plan on making 2019.

·
Administrator
136,351 Posts
Thanks Rick. :rock::rock:

·
Administrator
136,351 Posts
All Sportsman and 8.50 got 2 qualify runs instead of 3 due to the rain delay on Saturday morning. Event finished Sunday night.
Also the No ET, Top Sportsman & Warriors. Time just did not allow use to run all these classes you mentioned and the ones I did due to weather. Sucks decisions like these have to be made and I wish there was a way to make everyone happy.

·
Administrator
136,351 Posts
Hey Monty, I was just wondering if there would be any sportsman racing going on at the YBN in 19? I'm not trying to stir some shit, I'm just trying find out. Thank you Sir
I haven't figured out all the classes yet. I will post up once I get it locked down.

·
Administrator
136,351 Posts
Hey Sportsman,

I saw a post on FB earlier today where someone was asking the same question, with Monty saying there would be sportsman this year at YB.

Hopefully Monty will see the post and answer himself but figured in case he did not I would post and give the tread a bump.
Yeah I did post on Top Sportsman when the one guy asked if we'd have them again this year.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was there too, I understood with all the rain that we would not get the alotted qualifying runs....but you can not tell me that there weren't 8.50 racers that didn't get bent because of the fact that they didn't get all of their qualifying runs. I know for a fact that there was one racer"s wife that was in the tower telling Jim Halsey to suck her cunt! AND her mild mannered husband then said suck my dick this is bullshit...and there were others. I never said it was all 8.50 racers

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,391 Posts
Didn't make it last year. What do you mean by "Got bumped"? No 8.50 elims. at all or just had to run on Monday?

Was there year before and Sat rained out. Got Friday Qualify and one Qualifier Sunday follow by 1st 2 rounds of eliminations. Missing one qualifier probably hurt some folks but that's racing with rain.

Plan on making 2019.
Got bumped = 1 round of qualifying was dropped. So 2 instead of 3.

Yes i'm sure everyone who did not qualify was unhappy, because we all feel like with 1 more shot we would make the field, myself included. Hopefully this year the rain doesn't play a part in any of that.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I know for a fact that there was one racer"s wife that was in the tower telling Jim Halsey to suck her cunt! AND her mild mannered husband then said suck my dick this is bullshit...and there were others.
wowsers- guess they wont be back this year huh

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wowsers- guess they wont be back this year huh
I know of one that definitely won't be, but then again he sold his car....& the sucking genitalia folk, I'm really not sure if they will or not..... but honestly there are so many other guys in that class that I don't think there will be a problem filling out the qualifying sheet.....hopefully in '20 I can be one of those guys, otherwise it's pro dial for me til the car will run 8.50's

·
AMP Racing member
3,457 Posts
Monty, bring back ODR!!!

Oh, wait, you already did last year... lol

Love YBNats! Hope to have my ride ready for Ultra Street this year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts