Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever ported a set of World Sportsman II heads and had good results? I'm looking to turn them into something a lot more than they look.

So has anyone gotten good flow #'s from them? Power potential?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
probably not worth all the money you would end up putting into them. in a 406, you'd be better off starting with something with a lot larger runner volume.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They can go a little over 300cfm with port volume in the 220cc range. I'd probably try to sell them and step up to a good aluminum head.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I recently cleaned up the bowls and guide boss areas myself and will have engine in the car in a few weeks. These are 200cc with 72cc chambers. I'd love to see it pick up .08 or so.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They can go a little over 300cfm with port volume in the 220cc range. I'd probably try to sell them and step up to a good aluminum head.
Not having much luck selling them, figured I would see if I can make something out of little.

·
Registered
343 Posts
what kind of power are you looking for? I did a little 355 that went 10.9's on motor and a traction limited 10.04 @ 3400 pounds. they had ported sportsman II heads.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enough power for 10's N/A on pump gas 93 really. If I could get that ouot of them I would be ecstatic. I did read they respond well to 2.05 valves somewhere.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
That should be easily optainable with those heads ported. You just need the rest of the matching components(cam, intake, gear, etc....).

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've already got a TH400, 4200 converter, Moser 9" with 4.11's and a spool going in. Vic. jr. intake. Also doing a cam swap soon or so I hope to put a better stick in the motor. If I can get the heads to flow enough to do it I can get everything else to match.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've already got a TH400, 4200 converter, Moser 9" with 4.11's and a spool going in. Vic. jr. intake. Also doing a cam swap soon or so I hope to put a better stick in the motor. If I can get the heads to flow enough to do it I can get everything else to match.
i would ditch the vic jr. for a super vic instead.

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
I have ported many sets of these heads and think they are a great head.
I get them to flow just on [email protected]" at .700 lift.

My personal engine is a 358 inch with roller cam it makes 650HP and at 3400lb it has run [email protected] N/A

If ported right you will achieve your goals
That slow car :rolleyes:

How you been? The engine sure does make some power, The torque is real nice too :)

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
^^^^^^^That is fuckin' sweet!!! Ausie cars are fuckin' cool!! I know a couple guys that have ran S-II's, and they worked really well for what they are. However, there are many better heads out there today, 195 AFR Eliminator would destroy a sportsman II, hell even a Dart Iron Eagle would be a major improvement. Like has been said, the money you would have into them to make them work as well as other heads out there wouldn't be worth it, spend that money on a better head. Good luck!!

·
Butch
8,208 Posts

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
^^^^^^^That is fuckin' sweet!!! Ausie cars are fuckin' cool!! I know a couple guys that have ran S-II's, and they worked really well for what they are. However, there are many better heads out there today, 195 AFR Eliminator would destroy a sportsman II, hell even a Dart Iron Eagle would be a major improvement. Like has been said, the money you would have into them to make them work as well as other heads out there wouldn't be worth it, spend that money on a better head. Good luck!!
The chamber design is VERY GOOD in a Sportsman II head in my opinion and I would assume the guy with that slow car would agree :rolleyes: That car is bad AZZ

He has an amazing torque curve with the Sportsman II's

AFR, RHS & Dart have about the same chamber. Very similar.

Brodix & Pro-Filer chambers are very similar to the Sportsman II's. Only major difference is Sportsman II chambers fit the smaller bores (4")

Pro-Filer will fit a 4.030"/4.060" bore also. Many Brodix chambers are for the larger 400 bore

Sportsman II Heads

Brodix 227 M2 Heads

Pro-Filer 210 Heads

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have ported many sets of these heads and think they are a great head.
I get them to flow just on [email protected]" at .700 lift.

My personal engine is a 358 inch with roller cam it makes 650HP and at 3400lb it has run [email protected] N/A

If ported right you will achieve your goals
I must say you're car is fawkin sick! How big of a cam are you running to go that fast?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a set of SportsmanII 200cc, 64cc, 2.02/1.60 heads that I have been holding on to for a good low budget build.
I need to pull the valves and clean up all the castings, wish I knew exactly what to do to them to make them wake up.
I hear they are a little weak on the exhaust side.

Would anyone happen to have any pictures showing some good port work on these heads?? Maybe something we can look at and know which exact areas to work for better flows??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts