Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup works fantastic now it's 336 cube with a 98/88 precision turbo with a 1.0ar. 40' timing and 13.20 air fuel wile spooling and it comes up fast. I changed to a 1.32 housing and man it won't come up with the same settings just goes to 3000 rpm. More timing and more fuel ? To help it thanks

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Why did you go to a bigger housing?? Was the back pressure to high?? A lot of us been down this road with the LF88... May be to big for your setup, we had to do a lot with the tune up when we would run into this. Pull timing on foot break, pull more on the transbrake....etc.. Higher rpm's are your friend when you run into this. Other issue you are going to run into when you get it to spool is, it's not going to make the same peak boost on the break at lower rpm's.... If the back pressure is ok, save yourself the trouble and stay with the 1.0.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes 40' when spooling. I'm looking for just a little more power and figured the 1.32 would do it. Not sure I want to rework the converter case it hurts the back half. It wouldn't hurt for the car to calmb down a little on the launch it's a wild ride now.

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
Raise the chip? Add compression ? Add a 1000 to the top rpm , loosen the convertor or add nos.
Add more stroke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts