Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redoing my grandfathers jon boat for local pond/lake fishing and I want to make some front/rear casting decks, ordered couple sticks of .125 wall 1" aluminum square tubing to do the frame work that I'll skin/carpet later.

Anyhow, I have buddies with miller 210's and spool guns, TIG welders, but if there is a way to get a spool gun set up for my little Hobart Handler 175 I would'nt mind going that route so I can tinker with it in the future if need be without bothering buddies for aluminum welding on such small items.

I used to supervise a OTR truck/trailer repair center and we sold featherlite trailers and did alot of customizing for customers with different needs so I'm very familiar with spool gunning aluminum and the process, but would just like a home option without getting an entire $$$$$ set up that wont be needed around the house here.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
IF it has a tap switch (most hobarts are) don't waste the money. You'll never get satisfactory results.That 210 is BARELY enough machine for a spool gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts