Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a company wanting to sponsor us this season. They are wanting to have an entire vehicle body wrap on the car promoting the company. They are willing to pay for the art work and wrap. I need to provide them a reasonable quote for us doing the advertisement. This advertisement will be displayed around Ohio and surrounding states. I am looking for input to use for negotiation.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
It would depend a lot on the amount of publicity ( spectator count ) and how many outings you are going to do... I would say wrap the car plus 5k for the year.....

If they just wanted to do decals and not do a wrap.. Maybe a grand or 1500

·
Registered
769 Posts
This is going to really depend on what value you think you can bring to them. You need to understand the demographics of the people that will be at the racetrack, will you be providing your car for shows, grand openings, radio days, etc.... The cost of the wrap, you can probably count on 3K with artwork that will transfer to shirts, which you are going to buy and provide their Executive leadership with. You need to put a pencil to paper, I think you are going to see exactly how much it is going to cost and might be scared at the figure unless you aren't honest with your assessment.

Good Luck, glad to see those deals are still out there ! ! !

·
FETTFMF!!!
4,094 Posts
I run a fishing tackle company with my dad, and we sponsor many of the top pro walleye fishermen in the country. When it comes to value, the main thing you need to show your sponsor is how you will sell more product for them. For every dollar they spend with you, you have to show them at least five dollars in sales. It sounds simple, but its more than winning races. You may win every race, but if you don't connect with the public, you wont be worth much to the company. A lot of people like to dig on John Force, but he embodies how a pro should be. Spectators love him, and many are loyal to the brands he promotes. It doesn't matter how busy he is or where he is, he always has time for his fans, with very few exceptions. If people like you, they will trust you. Once you establish a report, they will use what you use or support.

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
$1,000.00 per weekend with major attendance. Shows with pro mods, outlaw altereds etc, car shows, store front display, National and divisional events, Big money races.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The build is a 1982 fox body hatch back that just had a complete make over. The idea was for NMRA drag radial, NMCA extreme street among other drag radial shoot outs. The build went beyond most class rules. This company is a close personal friend of mine. I explained to him that this year/season is mostly for testing and some close to home competition, till we get a handle on this set up. He just thinks it's bad ass. This is not the first time he had sponsored me. Before it was small scale, nothing too big. A few vinyl graphics and a couple hundred bucks here and there. With his company being seasonable and a spike tv reality series under contract, he wants to see it in graphics over the racing season.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i had a few sponsors last year.harvey electric paid for all my race fuel c-16.mag tech payed for tech card and enrty and food puals welding did any welding i needed and gave me 100 for diesel for each race but it was my first year racing all i did was put some stickers with their name on the car . but i cant drive worth a shit so this year its on my own dime lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts