Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready to assemble a sbc. I have always used snap rings in mine. 2 on each side. never had a failure. I have seen spirolox come out and wristpins eat up the cylinder wall. i prefer snap rings but was wondering about other points of view.

·
Go Phuck youself
12,350 Posts
All of them are good when installed right. No more then .005 total end play or less with any of them. If a wrist pin is given enough of room it will beat out any of them. Even single clips used long ago were fine as long as end play was kept to min. Double clips failed sometime because people installed them wrong, they have a flat side and a beveled side both flat sides should be facing outward to wrist pin and bore. Beveled sides should always face each other. Spiroloxs are a pain in the ass but more sercure to me. And good to 11,000 rpm,s
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I've seen snap rings knocked out with detonation. You won't have the issue with the spirolocks. And IMO .005" is too much clearance for anything in there to retain a piston pin, except buttons, lol. The pain from poking your fingertips when removing spirolocks is far outweighed by the pain to your wallet when a snap ring breaks or pops out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.